“How to uninstall system apps without root permissions” – The reasons why so-called experts appreciate the experience of stock android: the lightness of the operating system, the cleanliness and the simplicity of the interface, the ability to receive timely updates . To all these undoubted advantages, which you have heard repeatedly many times, adds another, often neglected, but of no importance other than secondary: the absence of preinstalled applications by the manufacturer .
In fact, if you own a Samsung smartphone , LG , ASUS or any other manufacturer’s, you may have noticed many (sometimes a lot) apps already pre-installed at the time of the first power on, With time, you will understand that you only use it in the least .
If their presence annoys you – because it occupies the memory of your device unnecessarily – but you are not going to dedicate yourself to the actual modding (so as not to invalidate the warranty), here’s a guide for you to show the steps To remove those apps That you have never used and which you will never use. The procedure is illustrated for the Windows operating system , but it is also similar to macOS and Linux .
Help: Uninstall system apps without root
First part: preparation
We will show you below the preparatory steps – to get the files and to prepare your device for the process – essential for the success of the operation.
- Install the drivers for your smartphone. If you did not know where to find them, Google provides a list of drivers from leading Android smartphone manufacturers.
- Download and install ADB by choosing the version of your operating system ( Windows , macOS or Linux ).
- Extract the newly downloaded ADB zip archive and place it in an easy-to-access folder (just fine the Desktop).
- Activate Developer Options on your smartphone. To do so, go to Settings , then Device info , and then tap Seven times on the Build Number option .
- Now enter the Developer Options and check USB Debugging . You will be asked for a confirmation and you will have to tap ok.
- Before connecting your device to the PC via USB cable, be sure to check that the MTP protocol is active.
Second part: the connection between smartphone and PC and uninstallation of apps
If you’ve prepared your smartphone and you’ve got everything you need to start the actual process, you can now continue with the procedure.
- Reach the folder where you extracted the ADB zip. Within the folder, you must now open a command prompt. You can do this by right-clicking, holding Shift on the keyboard, and clicking on Open Command Prompt here . Alternatively, you can also do so by clicking on File at the top left. Or open a separate Command Prompt and then type the path to the folder that contains the ADB files.
- Once you have opened the Command Prompt (the smartphone must now be connected to the PC and with the screen on), type adb devices . At this point turn on the smartphone and it will pop up that will ask you to give permissions to the PC to access the Debug USB of your device. Tap ok.
- If everything has gone all the way to the plans, the Command Prompt will show you the code of your smartphone. You are now ready to type a new command: adb shell .
- Now type pm list packages | Grep ‘manufacturer’s name’ to display the system apps that include the name of the manufacturer of your smartphone (in our case, Xiaomi).
- However, if you do not know the exact name of the app package you would like to uninstall, you will be rescued from an app available on the Play Store, called App Inspector . With this app, you can view all apps installed on your smartphone and their package names. We strongly advise you to consult it before proceeding to any uninstallation to make sure you do not make any mistakes.
- Once you find the system app you want to uninstall, type the command pm uninstall -k -user 0 <package name> and press enter to proceed. Repeat the process for each app you want to uninstall.
Conclusions and warnings
At the end of the process, your device will eventually be free from those system apps that were nothing more than occupying space. But pay close attention to the system apps you want to uninstall, because this is a risky action , which can cause software instability to your device, so be aware that you are fully aware of what you intend to do. We therefore advise you first to know about the actual ability to uninstall certain apps without compromising the proper functioning of the smartphone . In any case, always make a backup of the most important data.
In case something went wrong, with restoration to factory conditions everything should be resolved quickly. Likewise, remember that if you later perform a full reset of your smartphone, uninstalled apps will reappear again. This is because you will not actually uninstall apps from this device, but only for the root user of the system (in fact, if you have noticed, we typed you in user 6 in step six, which is the default user on Android ).
Also note that this process will not hurt the OTA update system of your device, so there will be no side effects from this point of view. Finally, the process is reported to be compatible with different devices , from LG G6 , Samsung Galaxy S8 , Google Pixel , to the Xiaomi Redmi 3 used for this test, but is not guaranteed 100% on any device . Please let us know below in comments if the procedure also works with the model you are using.
You have to know that!
10.or E Review after 1 month! A Valuable Package?
Today we are going to Review 10.or E smartphone. Tenor is a mobile brand launched by a Chinese company and tenor entered...
10.or D Review : Big Rival Of Xiaomi Redmi 5A?
If you look at the name, the name of this brand may seem weird, but 10.or (Tenor) has surprised us...
Asus Zenfone Selfie 4 Pro Review – Best Selfie Camera Smartphone
Before buying a new phone, we first read its review. The phone reviews reveal about the specifications of the phone and...
Essential Qualities of a true Java developer
One basic question each hiring manager faces today is the manner by which to locate the best person for his...
How To Edit PDF on Your Mobile Phone – Easy Way – PDF TO WORD CONVERTER
PDF TO WORD CONVERTER – The tech advances have brought us many new and interesting breakthroughs in the digital sphere...
Vodafone: How to check 2G/3G/4G data balance & validity [ Check Vodafone Net Balance ] (2018)
Wondering how to check Vodafone net balance? Well if the answer is yes then we are here to help you...
How to change wifi password in windows 10
Change wifi password in windows 10 -Your Wi-Fi router comes with a default network name and password, and both usually are...
Fix windows 10 search not working | Solution | APK Technical
Solutions if the windows 10 search not working There are several possible causes when the windows 10 search not working...
Fix ” screen overlay detected ” error on android – APK Technical
In this post we will talk about how to fix the error ” Screen overlay detected ” and will explain in depth what...
How to Fix err_connection_timed_out in Windows
Recently I stood up to ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT mistake while looking some sites using google chrome. This mistake is shown together with...
How to change Bsnl wifi password
BSNL is one of the biggest broadband suppliers in India. In the case that you have BSNL Broadband and Wi-Fi...
IRCTC Registration and Signup Process – How to create new account
How to create new account on IRCTC Registration and Signup Process – It’s necessary to create an account on Irctc...
How to Change the password of Wi-Fi from our mobile
The key to our Wi-Fi is the key, more or less complicated, which prevents unauthorized users to connect to our router to...